Personnel Records Administrator
- REPORTS TO:
- Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources
- SALARY RANGE:
- Amelia, Louisiana
- May 5, 2015
- POSITION SUPERVISED:
Perform PeopleSoft data entry function for all US, Filipino and TCN mariners paid from the US; maintain all bank line instructions in the JP Morgan banking system for employees paid via wire.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
- Review all submitted Fleet Personnel Action forms for correctness and proper approval; enter the information in PS in a timely manner based on monthly Payroll Calendar.
- Review all wire instructions for completeness and enter in the JP Morgan banking system; obtain approval from Treasurer on all new and amended bank lines.
- Investigate and research all JP Morgan inquiries, and follow up with applicable area to obtain correct instructions when required.
- Revise bank lines as required and coordinate reissuing of funds with Payroll Department.
- Review generated Payroll Override Reports after each pay period and email applicable area on any discrepancies.
- Run monthly reports from PS on New Hires, Rehires, Transfers, Terminations, Wage Rates and Crew Complement Report for HSE Department.
- Run monthly reports on mariners who have not worked in 180 days and send list to area for research and preparation of transfer/termination PAFs.
- Maintain the No Drive List by running necessary individual Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR), and bulk MVR order annually. Enter MVR results in PS.
- Verbal and written employment verifications for US fleet.
- Maintain Personnel files for all US and TCN mariners paid from the US.
- Maintain Petty Cash.
Normal business hours, Monday – Friday, with occasional after hours or weekends required.
This position is continuously required to speak/hear; frequently required to stand, walk and repetitive motion; occasionally required to balance, climb or reach; and seldom required to crawl, crouch, lift, push or pull.
This position is comprised of a series of similar assignments usually performed using established or standardized procedures. Complex or unusual problems are referred to supervisor. Instructions are given verbally or in writing from supervisor.
Internal – Continuous contact with domestic, international, corporate Human Resources personnel, and Treasury Department personnel, exchanging confidential information.
External – Continuous contact with JP Morgan Chase representatives, former employers, and mortgage companies.
EDUCATION: High Scholl Diploma.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) to three (3) years general clerical experience business experience with heavy data entry experience. Microsoft Office experience is required, PeopleSoft experience preferred. Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to multi-task. Standard Office Equipment used (Computer, calculator, telephone, copy and fax machines).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification.