Preparation and training are core to ensuring our vessel crews and shore-based management are prepared to respond to emergencies at any time.
In addition to weekly and annual emergency drills, the following are examples of proactive measures that are taken to ensure employees are prepared for emergencies:
- Inspections and maintenance of fire fighting equipment and alarm systems
- Inspection and maintenance of lifesaving equipment
- Inspections and maintenance of vessel safety equipment
- Shipboard and shore base emergency plans and equipment
- Safety committee meetings, management reviews, safety meetings and incident lessons learned
- Drills and exercises to ensure the readiness of all resources to respond to hazards, accidents, security, pollution and emergency situations
- Drills must be carried out in accordance with SOLAS and / or the vessel’s flag state requirements.